Thursday, April 8, 2010

World's End

All the world ends round the corner

Rushing people passing by

Pulled like leaves in running gutters

Spinning past me are no more

Like a ferris-wheel slow-turning

Whirling on in painted jewels

Masquerading phantoms riding

Wooden horses racing nowhere

Disappearing round the bend

I would bring them back tomorrow

Or the next day, if I can

Back from empty, void horizons

Dancing, dancing in my head

Just to see their souless faces

Coldly staring, passing by

Just so I won't be the only

Plastic face and hollow eyes

Hungry for a voice, and lonely

In the world I see before me

Ending just around the corner

1 comment:

  1. Amazing.

    That's all I can think about this.

    Almost perfect rhythm with only a slight catch here and there, but even that only makes it seem more enchanting, more real. The topic is one I believe everyone can relate to, but the imagery that you use makes it seem more like a fairytale.

    Very well done. A superb job all around.(:

    ReplyDelete