High brown grass
To catch the spark
We began
To spread alarm
We're all burnt out
The water's gone
Mmhm.
Thousands dead
The TV's on
We forgot, what it was
What they said
Took too long
for California,
Skyline blazed
Ashes
of our restless days
Mmhm.
High blue glass
Caught the sun
Until it crashed
The Hand of God
Smoky shroud
The sky was lost
Mmhm.
Thousands dead
My favorite song
Don't talk!
The music's on
We knew, they said
it all along
for California.
Mmhm.
Heart attacks
The deed is done
Looking back
What took so long?
We hid the matches
in our guns
Mmhm.
Thousands dead
Don't look at us
We learned it, back
When we were young
What they said
They told us wrong
So California
Skyline blazed
Ashes
of our restless days.
Mmhm.
*~*~*~*~*
I built myself a wall
Hidden in a bathroom stall
And I said I won't
Come out until you both
Learn how to talk
Instead,
They climbed the safety rail
I said, "You're headed straight to hell."
They laughed and danced upon their graves
and said, "It's just as well."
I joined them in their dance
I knew it was to death
But I resolved to fight,
Not follow
Until my dying breath.

No comments:
Post a Comment